Daan Forest Park Overview
|Address||No. 1號, Section 2, Xinsheng S Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106|
|Park Size||Around 64 acres|
|Date Opened||March 29, 1994|
|Coordinates||25°01′47″N 121°32′10″E / 25.0297299°N 121.5361368°E|
Daan Forest Park in Taiwan is a lush, urban oasis. It’s Taipei’s largest city park. Home to diverse wildlife, it’s a haven for nature lovers. Kids enjoy its playgrounds and ponds. It suits families, nature enthusiasts, and those seeking relaxation.
What to do in Daan Park
You could visit all the facilities like:
- Children’s playground at Daan Forest Park offers numerous engaging structures for kids.
- The roller skating rink facilitates fun, energetic activities for visitors of all ages.
- Daan Forest Park’s ecological pond fosters diverse local flora and fauna.
- The pavilion provides shaded space for relaxation and leisurely enjoyment of park views.
- Basketball courts: Play basketball with your buds.
There’s also birdwatching and firefly watching. Or you could check out the flowers.
Daan also hosts various events.
Daan Park Events
Daan Park hosts the following events:
|Event Name||Time of Year||Description|
|Islamic Cultural Fair (Eid-al-Fitr)||April: days vary by year||Celebrates end of Ramadan with Muslim cuisine, prayer, & cultural performances.|
|NTU Azalea Festival||March 1st-31st||National Taiwan University showcases blooming azaleas, with concerts & art exhibits.|
|Taipei Jazz Festival||September to October||International jazz musicians perform live, enthralling Taipei’s jazz enthusiasts.|
|Pokémon GO Safari Zone||Random times||Special Pokémon appear in Daan Park for players to catch & battle.|
Check whether these events are happening before visiting Daan around these times. The host could have canceled the event. Or it won’t fall on the same day as the previous year.
How to get to Daan Forest Park
The best way to get to Daan Park is to take the Taipei MRT (Red Line) to Daan Park Station. Leave the station from Exits 3, 4, or 5—you won’t need to cross the road from these stations. Exiting through Exit 1 requires you to cross the street.
Or take the Taipei City bus to the MRT Daan Park or Xinyi & Xinsheng Intersection bus stations.
Want more exercise? Rent a YouBike 2.0 and leave it at any of the docking stations outside Daan Forest Park.
Daan Park Traveler Tips
Keep these tips in mind when visiting Daan Park:
- Pack a raincoat; Taipei’s weather can quickly change.
- Wear comfortable shoes for ample walking.
- Bring water or electrolytes & snacks for energy during your visit.
- Use sunscreen to protect yourself from the strong sun.
- Keep close watch of your belongings amidst the crowds.